This document is applicable to combined booths for the application of organic liquid coating materials by an operator with maximum drying temperature of 100 °C and deals with all hazards significant for combined booths, when they are used as intended and under the conditions foreseen by the manufacturer (see clause 4).
To the extent of this document, a combined booth is considered an assembly of the following equipment:
- forced ventilation by one or more fans,
- ventilation air heating system (e. g. heat exchanger or burner),
- power driven dampers, forced ventilation ducting,
- dry air filtering and/or wet air washing systems,
- automatic fire extinguishing equipment and additional specific electrical equipment,
- control and power circuits joined together for the spraying and drying process of liquid coating material in a space totally enclosed provided with forced ventilation.
- working pit, in special case.
This document does not cover:
a) booths for automatic spraying, powder spray booths, open booths, and portable heaters.
b) design of the building foundations upon which a booth is installed;
c) the civil engineering and building design where a booth is constructed as, or to use part of, a new or existing building;
d) spraying equipment (see EN 1953), automatic devices for spraying systems like robots (see EN 775) or reciprocators or similar systems, conveyors, lifts and continuous handling equipment and systems (see EN 619).
This document is not applicable to combined booths which are manufactured before the date of publication of this standard by CEN.