This part of this European Standard defines cold drawn non alloy steel wire used for the manufacture of:
- ropes for general applications and lifts;
- ropes for applications for which there is no specific EN standard.
This part of this European Standard does not apply to steel wire taken from manufactured ropes.
This part of this European Standard specifies the following for cold drawn non alloy steel wire for ropes for general applications:
- dimensional tolerances;
- mechanical characteristics;
- requirements relating to the chemical composition of the steel wire;
- conditions to be satisfied by any coating.
In addition to the requirements of this part of this European Standard, the requirements of EN 10264-1 also apply.