This European Standard identifies material independent performance characteristics that are applicable to win-dows (including roof windows, roof windows with external fire resistance and French windows), external pede-strian doorsets (including unframed glass doorsets, escape route doorsets) and screens.
This European Standard applies to:
- Manually or power operated windows, French windows and screens for installation in vertical wall aper-tures and roof windows for installation in inclined roofs, complete with:
• related hardware, if any;
• weather stripping, if any;
• glazed apertures when intended to have glazed apertures;
• with or without incorporated shutters and/or shutterboxes and/or blinds;
and manually or power operated windows, roof windows, French windows and screens that are
• fully or partially glazed including any non-transparent infill;
• fixed or partly fixed or openable with one or more casements/sashes (e.g. hinged, projecting, pivoted, sliding).
- Manually operated external pedestrian doorsets with flush or panelled leaves, complete with:
• integral fanlights, if any;
• adjacent parts that are contained within a single frame for inclusion in a single aperture, if any.
The products covered by this European Standard are not assessed for structural applications.